As previously reported, David Byrne and Will Oldham (aka Bonnie Prince Billy) collaborated on music for Paolo Sorrentino’s recent film, This Must Be The Place. (You know, the one that stars Sean Penn as a Robert Smith-esque Nazi hunter. Yeah.) Now, the film’s soundtrack receives a tracklist and a handful of songs have hit the web (via TwentyFourBit).
Dubbed The Pieces of Shit, the cinematic supergroup of sorts features Byrne and Oldham, alongside Irish singer-songwriter Michael Brunnock. The trio have five tracks on the album, one of which is a previous Bonnie ‘Prince’ Billy tune (“Lay & Love”). But that’s not the only music featured in the film. Other notables on the soundtrack include Jónsi, Iggy Pop, and myriad renditions of the Talking Heads song from which the film takes its name.
Check out three tunes by The Pieces of Shit below, including David Byrne’s live performance of the titular song. Also, stay tuned for more information, specifically a release date.
“Lay & Love”
This Must Be the Place (NaÃ¯ve Melody) Live
This Must Be the Place Tracklist
01. Gavin Friday – Lord Im Coming
02. The Pieces Of Shit -Lay & Love
03. The Pieces Of Shit – Open Up
04. Mantovani & His Orchestra – Chairmaine
05. Daniel Hope & Simon Mulligan – Spiegel Im Spiegel
06. Trevor Green – This Must Be the Place (NaÃ¯ve Melody) [Edit]
07. David Byrne – This Must Be the Place (NaÃ¯ve Melody) [Live]
08. Julia Kent – Gardermoen
09. Jónsi & Alex – Happiness”
10. The Pieces Of Shit – Eliza
11. Iggy Pop – The Passenger
12. The Pieces Of Shit – You Can Like It
13. Brooklyn Rider – Achilles Heel: II. Second Bounce
14. The Pieces Of Shit – If It Falls It Falls
15. Gloria – “This Must Be the Place (NaÃ¯ve Melody)
16. Nino Bruno E Le 8 Tracce – Every Single Moment In My Life Is a Weary Wait
17. The Pieces Of Shit – The Sword Is Yours