Today, Solange returns after a three-year absence with her new album, A Seat at the Table. Stream and/or download below via Apple Music.
The album spans an impressive 21 tracks and features contributions from Lil Wayne, Q-Tip, Dev Hynes, Sampha, Kelela, The-Dream, BJ the Chicago Kid, and Moses Sumney, among others.
In the works since 2013, Solange describes A Seat at the Table as “a project on identity, empowerment, independence, grief and healing.” She preceded its release by mailing 86 fans a poetry book of lyrics and photos. A digital version of the book can be found here.
A Seat at the Table follows 2012’s True EP and 2013’s compilation Saint Heron.
A Seat at the Table Tracklist:
02. Weary (Additional Vocals blessed by Tweet)
03. Interlude: The Glory Is In You
04. Cranes In The Sky
05. Interlude: Dad Was Mad
06. Mad (feat. Lil Wayne) (Additional Vocals blessed by Moses Sumney and Tweet)
07. Don’t You Wait
08. Interlude: Tina Taught Me
09. Don’t Touch My Hair (feat. Sampha)
10. Interlude: This Moment (Additional vocals Devonte Hynes of Houston Texas and Lu of Carolina)
11. Where Do We Go (Additional vocals blessed by Sean Nicholas Savage)
12. Interlude: For Us By Us
13. F.U.B.U. (feat. The Dream & BJ The Chicago Kid) (Additional Vocals blessed by Tweet)
14. Borderline (An Ode To Self Care) (feat. Q-Tip)
15. Interlude: I Got So Much Magic, You Can Have It (feat. Kelly Rowland & Nia Andrews)
17. Interlude: No Limits
18. Don’t Wish Me Well
19. Interlude: Pedestals
20. Scales (feat. Kelela)
21. Closing: The Chosen Ones